Followers

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Guest Blogger Wednesday With.......


........Linda Simpson :D

A couple of weeks ago Geraldine and Jo over at Crafty Blogger's Network put a call out asking if anyone would like to do a guest spot on their challenge blog and I was asked if I would do the first guest spot. Of course I said yes! Their plan is for a guest bloggers each month, crafters like you and me.




I have been crafting nearly all my life like most of you. I have knitted, crocheted, embroidered, cross stitched which led me into paper crafting. I don't have one particular style of crafting as I very much enjoy mixing different techniques. The first time I saw my cards on Create and Craft was for My Craft Studio, for one of their Parchment CD's which was for Pick of the Week. I can't explain how I felt when I saw my cards. I was grinning like a cheshire cat! I designed for them for a few years which of course was CD crafting and I wanted learn more techniques in the world of crafting.
 I met Kay Rutter when she did a workshop near my home in Warrington and we became very friendly which resulted in me helping her at shows in the North and I do the NEC too. I design for Hougie Crafts, Kraftyhands, Jem's Designs, HobbyFun, Oyster Stamps, Ali-Craft which are UK based and I design also for 2 blogs Scrapbook Stamp Society which is American and Cards Galore based here in the UK.
 I started my blog last year on 24 February and my style of cards has changed again. I love to do CD work but if I was told to make a card now I would immediately go for my stamps and inkpads to make a card. Since starting my blog I have "met and chatted" to many crafters and made lots of new friends from all over the world. I am so surprised how quickly my followers have grown too.
 I suppose I have an eclectic style of crafting. 'I love paint fusion and love to use this in my cards too. This leads me on nicely to show you my card which I have made for the challenge this time is "Anything Goes"

Thanx Linda for being our 1st Crafty Bloggers Network Guest Blogger we think you work is amazing and loved having you join us :D

16 comments:

  1. I think this is a wonderful way to get to know a little bit more about our CBN friends. Congrats on being the first Guest Blogger Linda, I really enjoyed getting to know a bit more about you and your craftiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff - really interesting! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for a great 1st Guest post Linda it's been great getting to know more about you & beautiful card!

    Ger x
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls for your lovely comments and thank you for asking me to be the first.

    Big Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your story, and showing a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your story Linda... lovely to have met you!!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being the 1st guest blogger, a really interesting read, and love the card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cheerful card! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Linda and thank you for sharing xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay your the 1st, I love your work Linda & like so many other bloggers Iam inspired by your projects.
    Love your card you made for the challenge too
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Linda and thank you for sharing your crafty life with us. Your card is beautiful. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being the first Guest blogger! I love your work & all the different styles you do!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Linda on a wonderful blog post. Feel I've known you for ages but it's so lovely to find out a bit more about our CBN friends. Beautiful card as always, love the background especially. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely the colours and the background paper are gorgeous,Well done on being the first Guest blogger.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Linda for your guest post,,,,, u except challenge and do it with full marks, superb
    http://www.alacraft.com.au/wall-stickers-cat32

    ReplyDelete